Table of Contents
– Congress considers additional covid-19 stimulus in the government spending bill
– National unemployment rate falls to 3.9 percent in December, the lowest rate since the pandemic began
– House-approved Build Back Better Act would cap insulin costs at $35 a month, but exclude uninsured people
– COLA 2022 increase would see the average social security benefit rise by around $92this year
– There will be no Child Tax Credit direct payment this month after Congress failed to pass Build Back Better bill
– Up to $8,000 in stimulus payments is available to be claimed by some households in 2022
Useful information & links:
Child Tax Credit
– Can the Child Tax Credit still be extended after the Senate failed to approve the Build Back Better bill last month?
– Senator Manchin has his say on the future of President Biden’s Build Back Better proposals?
– Report confirms that the Boston Bomber did receive a stimulus…